[linux-dvb] STB6100, STB0899 programming information?

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:47:43 CEST 2006

Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Manu Abraham" <abraham.manu at gmail.com>
>> Shortage of chips ? More than that, the Twinhan DVB-S2 card,
>> VP-1040 uses the Mantis PCI bridge, which is a new chipset as well.
>
> Not new to me ;)
>
>> You can look at the STB0899 driver over here.
>> http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/mp-stb0899
>
> Thank you very much! Now I have something work with :)))

No probs. You are welcome.

>> ST has been quite kind to provide help to put this driver together.
>> They did provide information that which was missing from the datasheets
>> as well, as they wanted to go for a very good driver.
>
> How well is your driver working in its current state? I have quite some
> issues with the TT DVB-S2 card using the Windows driver and software, such
> as sometimes it being completely unable to tune to most transponders - and
> I don't even know if this is only a driver bug or in fact a defective piece
> of hardware I got here... :(

The driver needs some more work, in the current state.

Currently i did some tests with DVB-S only. (It needs some more
refinements) It looks like many others also had problems. I think
probably it is the initial set of cards.

Does the TT card use the STB6x00 or a TDA827x PLL only ?

Regards,
Manu