[linux-dvb] Re: Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

Chris Lawrence lordsutch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 04:50:35 CET 2006

On 12/4/06, Erik Meitner <erik at wanderings.us> wrote:
> Ah, right. I was able to scan and find all of the local stations after
> all. :)
> Still no video output though. When I run xine and choose a channel it
> stays in a "buffering" state and never displays video.  The same is true
> with mplayer.

That's odd.  I haven't seen that here... if the signal is too weak at
startup, xine seems to give up before launching, but if it isn't then
I get a picture.

> One more thing: when the device is configured in DTV mode, it generates
> a bit more heat than it did when I tested it under Windows. I certainly
> gets warmer than it does in analog mode. The antenna connector seems to
> be sinking most of the heat, but there is  still more than I think there
> should be. This, along with the problems mentioned above may be an
> indication that something is not quite right with the driver.(?)

I did notice it getting warm too... when I used it under Windows, it
didn't seem to get as warm, but usually the Pinnacle software would
crash within 15-20 minutes so maybe it's just running longer.

Chris
--
Chris Lawrence - http://blog.lordsutch.com/