[linux-dvb] MT2060 IF1 calculation

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Tue Dec 5 23:32:45 CET 2006

Hi,

Chun Chung Lo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am now studying the MT2060 silicon tuner driver with the use of
> TDA10046A. And my development board has no EEPROM for both TDA10046A and
> MT2060.
>
> I found that in the linux-2.6.19 source tree, all the DVB-T devices
> which used MT2060, will try to load the IF1 value from a EEPROM. But how
> about if I have no EEPROM?
>
> Do I need to manually calculate the IF1 value? If so, how? Is it very
> complicated?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Lo Chun Chung
> ECE-DHT at ASTRI.
>
> This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain
> sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
> specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
> and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message and/or any
> attachments is strictly prohibited.

I assume the MT2060 is similar to the MT2050. In this case, the IF center
frequency is defined by the SAW filter on the board. The TDA10046 driver
currently supports 2 "direct" IF frequencies: 36.125MHz and 36.1667MHz.
IF you have a down converter like the tda9889, you can use either 5.1667MHz
or 4.0, 4.5, 5.0MHz depending on the bandwidth.
These can be chosen in the tda1004x_config structure. It is possible to add
other frequencies, but yneed to extend some tables. The equations are in the
datasheet.

   Hartmut