[linux-dvb] Re: please update the tuning file for uk-CrystalPalace

Stephan Bourgeois strangelv at lycos.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 15:15:32 CET 2006

> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 22:45 +0000, Stephan Bourgeois wrote:
>

>>> Hmm, Ch27 (505.8333 Mhz) is now used for the ITV/Channel4 HDTV tests.
>>> So, with the original file, the modulation parameters will be wrong.
>>> And
>>> with a Freecom DVB-T USB stick, all I get is "ERROR: initial tuning
>>> failed".
>>

>Are you sure you're receiving crystal palace? That frequency carries BBC
>1 where I am (N7). Do you have a roof antenna or get the signal from a
>wall socket, possibly behind some distribution amplifier?

Hi Torgeir,
It is a building with a roof antenna and a distribution amplifier. I
checked the orientation of the aerial, with a compass && OS map, it
points straight to Crystal Palace. (I'm in NW6, aerial orientation is
154 degrees). I can also confirm that each multiplex matches the
description found on http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TQ339712

Maybe there is something quirky with the Freecom DVB-T USB stick? I must
also point out that I am using an old version of scandvb that comes from
the Fedora Core 4 Extras repository. I haven't managed to build the new
versions from mercurial.
This is getting interesting...
Yours,
Stephan.