[linux-dvb] New freecom USB DVB-T revision?

Murdock murdock at planetadef.net
Thu Dec 7 16:52:31 CET 2006

Hello, I'm having problems with my new Freecom Hybrid DVB-T USB Stick in
my Kubuntu Edgy. It seems to be a new revision or something because I
followed the step-by-step linux v4l-vbd guide and I can't get it work. I
have all the necessary stuff installed, but when I plug the stick, no
"/dev/dvb" node is created.
This device appears in the DVB USB device list from linuxtv.org as two
diferent revisions: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB
So maybe I have a third different revision?

This is all information I can get:

Commercial name: *Freecom DVB-T & Analog USB Stick*

This is a part of what I get with "lsusb -v":
Code:

Bus 003 Device 010: ID 14aa:0620 AVerMedia (again) or C&E Device
Descriptor: bLength 18 bDescriptorType 1 bcdUSB 2.00 bDeviceClass 0
(Defined at Interface level) bDeviceSubClass 0 bDeviceProtocol 0
bMaxPacketSize0 64 idVendor 0x14aa AVerMedia (again) or C&E idProduct
0x0620 bcdDevice 0.01 iManufacturer 16 Hybrid TV Receiver (TM6000)
iProduct 32 Hybrid TV Receiver (TM6000) iSerial 64 2.0 bNumConfigurations 1

ID: *14aa:0620*. It shows as "Avermedia"???
Any idea to make this stick work?

Thank you!