[linux-dvb] Error compiling dvb-apps

Mario Rossi mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 10 11:31:43 CET 2006

I'm not sure how to do it.

Fedora Core 5 comes with "glibc-kernheaders.rpm" which contains the
file "compiler.h", with the content I've posted in the previous mail.

Checking Fedora Core 6, I've learnt that I can do

make headers_install

after I've compiled and installed the kernel.

I've done it on my system for kernel 2.6.19 and it creates a directory
/usr/src/linux-2.6.19/usr/include/.......

which contains header files, but not "compiler.h".
Fedora Core 6 claim it has been removed because useless.

=================

Back to Fedoca Core 5:
On my system I can find "dvb/video.h" in (too) many places:

1) the original from "glibc-kernheaders.rpm" (it includes "compiler.h"
but it is not using "__user")
2) the new "make haders_install" (it does not include "compiler.h" and
it does not have "__user")
3) in dvb-apps (including "compiler.h" and using "__user")
4) in v4l-dvb (including "compiler.h" and using "__user")

Of them all, I don't understand why we have a copy in dvb-apps. Since
it is not part of the kernel (as v4l-dvb is) shouldn't it just use one
of 1) or 2).

Regards