[linux-dvb] Crash upon loading Nova-T 500 drivers

Michael Ditum mike at mikeditum.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 19:12:12 CET 2006

Hi,

I've got a couple of Nova-T 500's I want to get working. I've got the latest
v4l-dvb tree from mercurial and compiled that. However whenever I load the
dvb-usb-dib0700 module (that is the correct one isn't it?) the machine locks
up. I can't contact the machine at all.

When I reboot, the machine gets an NMI as soon as udev loads unless I remove
the card. I'm running FC5 and have tried kernel-smp-2.6.17-1.2174_FC5 and
kernel-smp-2.6.18-1.2239.fc5 and pretty much the same thing happens. The
only difference is that under the 2.6.17 kernel it prints out a couple of
diagnostics messages before crashing. The last message is that it is loading
the firmeware. I got the firmware from
http://vaasa.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/files/dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fwthis
is the correct one to be loading isn't it?

Unfortunately I've got to finish in a bit, I'll be back looking at the
problem again tomorrow though. I was just wondering if anyone had come
across this problem and whether they knew any way to fix it. If not if
anyone knows of any specific things I can try to help work out what the
problem is that would be great.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Mike