[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4 : patch and partial success

Simon Roberts lyricnz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 13:42:19 CET 2006

Hi all,

(Sorry for the dupe post, gmail tried to HTMLify it)

As posted recently, I recently purchased a "DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T
Dual Digital 4", which is apparently just a renamed Dual Digital 2
with a new firmware.  I applied a quick patch (attached previously) to
add the new usb id to the driver, and rebooted:

Dec 12 22:53:22 mythtv kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV
DVB-T Dual Digital 4' in warm state.
Dec 12 22:53:22 mythtv kernel: power control: 1
Dec 12 22:53:22 mythtv kernel: dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2
transport stream to the software demuxer.
Dec 12 22:53:22 mythtv kernel: DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO
FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4).
Dec 12 22:53:22 mythtv kernel: DVB: registering frontend 2 (Zarlink
ZL10353 DVB-T)...
Dec 12 22:53:22 mythtv kernel: input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB
receiver as /class/input/input9
Dec 12 22:53:22 mythtv kernel: dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval
to 150 msecs.
Dec 12 22:53:22 mythtv kernel: power control: 0
Dec 12 22:53:22 mythtv kernel: dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual
Digital 4 successfully initialized and connected.

Looks good, but I can't tune with it.  Perhaps I'm another Australian
with the same problem as people have been experiencing with the Dual
Digital 2?    I couldn't see from the list what tuner-offset magic was
required, perhaps someone can enlighten me?  Does anyone have the Dual
Digital 2 working properly in a similar situation?  I'm sure there's
no real difference between the two.

My system is FC6 kernel-2.6.18-1.2849.fc6 (2.6.18.2 plus redhat stuff)
with v4l head applied to update the drivers.  My existing (and still
installed) "DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital" (ver 1) with the USB
loopback works fine, but that's a Zarlink MT352, if that matters.

Cheers and thanks, Simon