[linux-dvb] Re: Crash upon loading Nova-T 500 drivers

Michael Ditum mike at mikeditum.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 15:28:29 CET 2006

On 12/13/06, Robin Hill <dvb at robinhill.me.uk> wrote:

> That's very odd - here's what I get (on a reboot, so the firmware
> doesn't need reloading):
>
> dib0700: loaded with support for 2 different device-types
> dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in warm state.
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T).
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
> MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T).
> DVB: registering frontend 1 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
> MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
> dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T successfully initialized and
> connected.
>

> You're not trying to mix modules from the kernel tree & the v4l tree are
> you?  I think you need to remove everything from
> /lib/modules/XXXXXXX/kernel/drivers/media before running install on the
> v4l tree.

I was using "make rminstall" to clean out the old ones but just to check i
completely removed the media directory and did a distclean and then a make,
make install. The problem still occured. It looks like mine is having a
problem loading the firmware for some reason. I'm gonna try running the
fedora updater on the system just to ensure its completely up to date and
its not a problem with something else.

Mike