[linux-dvb] Unwatchable channels and strange behaviour of Hauppauge Nova-T Stick (update)

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Dec 18 17:04:01 CET 2006

En/na José Oliver Segura ha escrit:

>       Anyway, as you said, the interesting point is that the TVE mux
> seems to be a problematic one doesn't matter wich location/card (only
> being important using the native windows driver or the linux one in my
> case). I don't know if this can give us any clue to start doing some
> research (once some days ago I was convinced that Higher frequencies
> where causing reception problems but, again, today I've found that it
> doesn't matter: I can watch channels transmitted at higher
> frequencies)

Another "interesting" thing with the TVE mux: I'm not sure I'm correctly
managing the performance counters of my usb stick, but basically there
are 2 post viterbi counters: an "abort count"  (i.e. uncorrectable
packets) and an "error count " (number of error bits). By touching the
screen on the coaxial cable I managed to keep both counters at 0, still
the image is full of artifacts.
I remember seeing the same on some satellite channels: no uncorrectable
errors but still there are many artifacts.
Maybe they're using some non standard mpeg encoding (that both xine and
mplayer are unable to handle)?

Bye
--
Luca