[linux-dvb] TDA10086 (TT S-1401) DiSEqC problem

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Mon Dec 18 22:49:32 CET 2006

Hi,

Chris Malarky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2006-12-16 at 00:41 +0100, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Uwe Scheffler wrote:

>>>I can confirm that.
>>>Under Windows i can watch all transmitters without problems.
>>>(both levels are at 100% (org. TT Software) ... which is not however
>>>probably correct)
>>>
>>>Under Linux (Kernel-2.6.19.1) with Budget 1401 on DMAX with Femon:
>>>Card #0 (Philips TDA10086 DVB-S) STR: 5252 SNR: 5959 BER: 000008c7 UNC:
>>>00000000 |L|S|C|V|Z|
>>>
>>>...with Budget Nova 1102 on DMAX with Femon:
>>>Card #0 (ST STV0299 DVB-S) STR: a480 SNR: dcaa BER: 00000000 UNC:
>>>00000000 |L|S|C|V|Z|
>>>

>>The tda10086 module still is in an early state. Additionally, the author
>>seems to be very busy. I can't test DVB-S stuff, but if you are willing
>>to do so, we can send you some suggestions.
>

> We've been testing the card for a couple of months now, on both Linux
> and Windows to try and compare results.  As far as we can tell it is
> tuning properly and getting good quality reception.  We use it for IP
> Multicast and if we weren't getting perfect (or near-perfect) reception
> then we wouldn't have been able to do the data transfers that we've
> done.
>
> Andrew has been very busy, but he's hoping to be able to take a look at
> the reported signal strength and SNR sometime soon.  We suspect that the
> strength needs inverting (this would give us values comparable to the
> Windows driver).  The SNR is a bit more complicated - we might have try
> and get some readings with a meter.
>
> In the meantime, if there is anything anybody wants tested I'd be happy
> to oblige.

Regarding the signal strength:
Vladimir Monchenko just proposed a patch below.
There also is a patch regarding the DiSEqC. I got another patch for
review. I will attach it. Please note that it is reverted.
Can you please test these and report the results. If you say they are ok,
i will integrate them.

Best regards
   Hartmut