[linux-dvb] no frontend was attached by 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick'

Giovanni giluong at libero.it
Wed Dec 20 13:03:22 CET 2006

Hello,
I'm Giovanni from Italy, I'm not able in this moment to make work my hauppauge nova t stick on  kernel 2.6.19-rc1.
I tryed all was possible that I found on linux-dvb mailing list but at now I have no success.
always the same results:

localhost dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-dib0700-01.fw'
localhost dib0700: firmware started successfully.
localhost dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in warm state.
localhost dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
localhost DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T Stick).
localhost dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick'
localhost dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized and connected.

can anyone tell me if there is anything to do to solve this problem?

Giovanni