[linux-dvb] dbv-t Conditional Access Module

Nick Fearnley (Digital Media Projects Ltd.) Nick at dmpip.tv
Sun Dec 24 13:42:54 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

The CI capable DVB cards generally route the incoming TS through the CI connector to the CAM module and present it back to the PCI bridge in much the same route as an unencrypted stream.  You would need to be able to route the packets back out to the CAM for decoding if the hardware you speak of exists.  Now I'm not saying it does or doesn't, I'm not certain, but I do know that you would potentially need some driver/module to control this in software.  It would probably be much easier to go buy a DVB-T card with the CI module, they are very cheap.

Regards
Nick