[linux-dvb] Unrecognised USB stick - TV-QQ

James Ward james.ward at student.unsw.edu.au
Wed Dec 27 13:31:48 CET 2006

I have a USB stick that is being sold by a vendor in Hong Kong and used
by people like me in Australia.
It is marked "TV-QQ".
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-USB-DIGITAL-TV-FREEVIEW-TUNER-RECORDER-DVB-T-HDTV_W0QQitemZ220064033319QQihZ012QQcategoryZ111509QQcmdZViewItem
has the details...

The ID is 10b8:1e78.  The VID indicates DiBcom, but the PID is unknown.

I can confirm (from the vendor and from uncasing the stick) that it is
using the DiB7700P and MT2060.
So I thought it would be possible to get it going.

I was able to hack the kernel module code (dvb-usb-ids.h) to trick the
kernel into recognising my stick as a Hauppage Nova-T Stick, which uses
the same chipsets.  It would load the firmware, but dmesg reported that
no frontend was loaded, so I couldn't see if it was working or not.

I've reached the end of my expertise - any further help would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,
James