[linux-dvb] dib0700 frontend not identified

Eric Dujardin eric.dujardin at laposte.net
Fri Dec 29 10:36:12 CET 2006

Hello all,

I'm trying to use my USB stick. It is recognized as a  Dibcom STK7700P
reference design except
that the frontend is not identified:

in dib7000pc_detection(), i2c_transfer(i2c_adap, msg, 2) returns 0, and
in dib7000m_identify(), dib7000m_read_word(state, 896) (read vendor id)
returns 0xffff.

I'd like to dig further to make it work but some directions would help.
The Wiki wasn't helpful
in this.

It seems to me that this could just be a memory mapping issue as the key
is a cheap one and
it just seems to use the standard one-chip design of Dibcom.

BTW, I'm living close to Palaiseau so I could e.g. show the stick to a
Dibcom developer if
that could be of any use.

The key is an ATOPIA AT-TV-USB3.

Thanks,