[linux-dvb] Mantis 1034 DVB-S Scanning Problem

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Fri Dec 29 22:33:18 CET 2006

Manu Abraham schreef:
> Michel Verbraak wrote:
>
>> Manu Abraham schreef:

>>> Can you verify whether manually adding in the frequency (the hard way,
>>> by hand) to your channels.conf and doing a szap gives you a FE_LOCK for
>>> the frequency that cannot be scanned ?
>>>
>>> Trying to understand what's missing.
>>>

>>> Manu
>>>

>> Manu,
>>
>> I can confirm that when I enter a channel manually to my channels.conf
>> file I do get a FE_LOCK with szap.
>>

> for those channels which don't otherwise are not seen in a scan ?
>

>> Output from szap:
>> bash-3.1$ /data2/hg/dvb-apps/util/szap.old/szap -c Astra-19.2E.conf
>> "Nederland1"
>> reading channels from file 'Astra-19.2E.conf'
>> zapping to 1 'Nederland1':
>> sat 0, frequency = 12515 MHz H, symbolrate 22000000, vpid = 0x0205, apid
>> = 0x0058 sid = 0x0fab
>> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
>> set to frequency 1915000status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0008 | ber
>> bfab5b38 | unc 0804c794 |
>> status 14 | signal 0000 | snr 000f | ber bfab5b38 | unc 0804c794 |
>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>> status 14 | signal 0000 | snr 000f | ber bfab5b38 | unc 0804c794 |
>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>> status 14 | signal 0000 | snr 000f | ber bfab5b38 | unc 0804c794 |
>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>>
>> Content of Astra-19.2E.conf (my channels.conf)
>> Nederland1:12515:h:0:22000:517:88:4011
>>
>> Values for this channels were taken from
>> http://nl.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php.
>>
>> In the messages.log file I get the usual which ends with
>> Dec 29 15:30:40 garfield kernel: mb86a16_set_fe: NO  -- SIGNAL
>>
>> I did a scan on multiple satellites with transponder lists from
>> http://kingofsat.net. I will put up the results in the next couple of days.
>>

> Cool.
>
> Thanks,
> Manu

As promised.
(Because the attachment was to big hereby a link to my test results for
now http://www.verbraak.org/scantest-vp1034.tar.gz)

Examination of 5 Satellites: Thor 0.8W, Hotbird 13.0E, Astra1 19.2E,
Astra3 23.5E and Astra2 28.2E
Files in the fullscan directory contain the scan results when the
corresponding transponder files are used. So these channels are found on
the different satellites on my system VP-1034 + Rotor (Palm sg 2100A) +
LNB (Smart TSX Titanium Edition NF 0.2dB)
Files in the allchannels directory contain all the channels which should
be available on the satellite according to http://nl.kingofsat.net
Files in the missing directory are the differences between fullscan and
allchannels.
The *.freq-polar-sr files contain the uniq
frequency:polarization:symbolrate values per satellite.

When I tried to szap for the missing channels I only saw FE_HAS_LOCK
until my machine locked up and my wife yelled out of the living why her
movie stopped playing (I was working on the mythbackend machine). So I
will retry this tomorrow when my wife is not watching.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Michel