[linux-dvb] Mantis 1034 DVB-S Scanning Problem

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Sat Dec 30 11:13:28 CET 2006


Manu Abraham schreef:
> Michel Verbraak wrote:
>   
>> Manu Abraham schreef:
>>     
>>> Michel Verbraak wrote:
>>>   
>>>       
>>>> Manu Abraham schreef:
>>>>     
>>>>         
>>>>> Elmar Schmidt wrote:
>>>>>   
>>>>>       
>>>>>           
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>> has anyone a workaround for the unscanable Transponders (for example on
>>>>>> Astra 19.2E)?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> DVB works but I can't access all Transponders (I think they have
>>>>>> analogue Channels). With Windows it works, so there is no SAT or Card
>>>>>> Issue.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have posted a full scan Output in this Thread:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-December/014720.html
>>>>>>
>>>>>>     
>>>>>>         
>>>>>>             
>>>>> Can you verify whether manually adding in the frequency (the hard way,
>>>>> by hand) to your channels.conf and doing a szap gives you a FE_LOCK for
>>>>> the frequency that cannot be scanned ?
>>>>>
>>>>> Trying to understand what's missing.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Manu
>>>>>   
>>>>>       
>>>>>           
>>>> Manu,
>>>>
>>>> I can confirm that when I enter a channel manually to my channels.conf
>>>> file I do get a FE_LOCK with szap.
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>>         
>>> for those channels which don't otherwise are not seen in a scan ?
>>>
>>>   
>>>       
>>>> Output from szap:
>>>> bash-3.1$ /data2/hg/dvb-apps/util/szap.old/szap -c Astra-19.2E.conf
>>>> "Nederland1"
>>>> reading channels from file 'Astra-19.2E.conf'
>>>> zapping to 1 'Nederland1':
>>>> sat 0, frequency = 12515 MHz H, symbolrate 22000000, vpid = 0x0205, apid
>>>> = 0x0058 sid = 0x0fab
>>>> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
>>>> set to frequency 1915000status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0008 | ber
>>>> bfab5b38 | unc 0804c794 |
>>>> status 14 | signal 0000 | snr 000f | ber bfab5b38 | unc 0804c794 |
>>>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>>>> status 14 | signal 0000 | snr 000f | ber bfab5b38 | unc 0804c794 |
>>>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>>>> status 14 | signal 0000 | snr 000f | ber bfab5b38 | unc 0804c794 |
>>>> FE_HAS_LOCK
>>>>
>>>> Content of Astra-19.2E.conf (my channels.conf)
>>>> Nederland1:12515:h:0:22000:517:88:4011
>>>>
>>>> Values for this channels were taken from
>>>> http://nl.kingofsat.net/pos-19.2E.php.
>>>>
>>>> In the messages.log file I get the usual which ends with
>>>> Dec 29 15:30:40 garfield kernel: mb86a16_set_fe: NO  -- SIGNAL
>>>>
>>>> I did a scan on multiple satellites with transponder lists from
>>>> http://kingofsat.net. I will put up the results in the next couple of days.
>>>>
>>>>     
>>>>         
>>> Cool.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Manu
>>>   
>>>       
>> As promised.
>> (Because the attachment was to big hereby a link to my test results for
>> now http://www.verbraak.org/scantest-vp1034.tar.gz)
>>
>> Examination of 5 Satellites: Thor 0.8W, Hotbird 13.0E, Astra1 19.2E,
>> Astra3 23.5E and Astra2 28.2E
>> Files in the fullscan directory contain the scan results when the
>> corresponding transponder files are used. So these channels are found on
>> the different satellites on my system VP-1034 + Rotor (Palm sg 2100A) +
>> LNB (Smart TSX Titanium Edition NF 0.2dB)
>> Files in the allchannels directory contain all the channels which should
>> be available on the satellite according to http://nl.kingofsat.net
>> Files in the missing directory are the differences between fullscan and
>> allchannels.
>> The *.freq-polar-sr files contain the uniq
>> frequency:polarization:symbolrate values per satellite.
>>
>> When I tried to szap for the missing channels I only saw FE_HAS_LOCK
>> until my machine locked up
>>     
>
> machine locked up on a szap ? can you provide the logs when you szap 'ed
> to this missing channel ?
> Does this channel exist ? but even if it doesn't exist, i don't see any
> reason why it should lock up.
>
> Manu
>   
Manu,

I resolved this problem by restarting the mantis and mb86a16 modules 
with the option verbose set to 0 (zero).
I wrote a small script which did the szap for each channel and it 
produced so many syslog writes, when verbose was 1, that my disk was 
very active. I think the lockup came because of this.

Currently I'm running my szap script on the different satellite for the 
missing channels. Will be finished in about one hour, put some sleep 
moments in there to be safe. I will post the result to this list when 
finished.

Regards,

Michel.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20061230/0c9abf5b/attachment-0001.htm


More information about the linux-dvb mailing list