[linux-dvb] [ANNOUNCE] v4l-dvb development migrating from CVS to Mercurial

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Feb 5 12:35:15 CET 2006

Helmut Auer wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
>

>> I've never heard of Mercurial. CVS worked fine for me, and I'm not
>> going to use Mercurial.
>>
>> So, this pretty much cuts me off of the driver CVS then, doesn't it?
>>
>> Will there be a "mirror CVS" that can be used to just check out
>> the latest version, or at least nightly snapshots of the complete
>> driver source?
>>

> Hi,
>
> Its easy to get a snapshot via your browser:
>
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?cmd=summary;style=gitweb
>
> Then click on "tree" in line 2
>
> And on the next page click on bz2.

I just saw that on http://linuxtv.org/cvs.php it says

   1. Open http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb on your favorite browser;
   2. go to Tips line and click on it;

However, there is no "Tips" line on that page.
Either I'm doing something wrong or the description on
how to get a tarball should be fixed. If I do as Helmut
suggested, it works fine.

There's just one thing about the file that gets dowloaded.
It's name is hg-v4l-dvb-7b2efa772750.tar.bz2 and it expands to
a directory named hg-v4l-dvb-7b2efa772750, which is rather
cryptic. Could this be changed, so that the name looks like
this:

   v4l-dvb-20060204-185051.tar.bz2

Rationale: the "hg-" prefix is superfluous, and instead of
the cryptic "7b2efa772750" it would be much more informative
to have the date and time of the last check-in.

Just my 2 ct.

Klaus