[linux-dvb] Twinhan Starbox USB support

CR oauk32v02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Feb 7 05:19:27 CET 2006

Hi all,

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> > How well does the current driver for the Twinhan Starbox USB unit work?
> > Are all the major features functioning?  Any surprises with this unit?
>
> Afaik, the driver should work, but it doesn't :).
>
> This is due to a lack of tests I could not do when I wrote the driver.
>
> Maybe this will change soon, when I get a dish - but I cannot promise
> anything.

Can you be more specific on what does not work?  I will potentially be
ordering this soon, could I assist in development?

> Besides: the box has PID filter inside and thus can only put out 8
> different packet-streams at a time.

I am new to the whole DVB thing.  What exactly does this mean?  It can
only stream 8 unique channels?  Twinham claims "Max No. Section Filtering:
32PIDs", but you probably knew that.

Manu Abraham wrote:

> This is the one they sent us ? It is still there somewhere around, will
> check it out if that is indeed the one. Still confused on the models

Manu, this is the unit I am talking about:

http://www.twinhan.com/product_satellite_6.asp

Thanks,
R.