[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch

Martin Döring mad at datenbrei.de
Tue Feb 14 18:40:15 CET 2006

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> Hi, Martin
> Please keep the remaining issue with the module load order in mind.
> So please unload the modules and load them manually in the
> sequence tda9887, saa7134 and saa7134-dvb. This should do the trick for
> the time being.
Hi, Hartmut. Yes, yesterday you told about it, if I had read the mail
without haste. I tried it, and had success - at least with the analog
part. For the digital one we seem to need a better antenna here, south
of Augsburg. Munich is too far...

(yesterday it seemed, that I got no new posts from the list for a longer
time...)

This was my script yesterday, but - as it seem - I had not fully
understood, how all this works together. If I see it more clearly I will
update the entry in the wiki, where I did work on yesterday.

#!/bin/bash

# unload old modules

sudo rmmod tuner
sudo modprobe tda9887
sudo rmmod tda9887
sudo rmmod saa7134
#sudo rmmod saa7134_dvb

# load modules in correct order

sudo modprobe tda9887
sudo modprobe tuner
sudo modprobe saa7134

Thanks, that you got it working again. This will mean much less
frustration for many users now.   :-)

--
Kind Regards, Martin