[linux-dvb] Driver request/help - Yuan PG300 DVB-T

Daniel Mons daniel.mons at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 9 14:23:40 CEST 2006

I'm not sure if this is the right place to request such things, or even correct
etiquette...

I have a Yuan "Stratford" PG300 DVB-T PCI card which uses the cx8xx module.  So
far with some stumbling in the dark on my behalf and using a dozen or so
"card=XX" parameters I've been unable to get the tuner working (haven't tested
to see if the analogue S-Video is working under other drivers yet).

Currently I'm using a 2.6.16 "gentoo-sources-r9" kernel which reports 25 odd
known cx88 cards.  By the looks of it, the card hasn't yet been added to the
latest list I could find in the mercurial lists on the site.

If someone could throw me a bone as to where I need to start hacking, or if
there's an appropriate driver I can use that might work with this device, I'd be
grateful.  Or even better, if someone wants to go right ahead and add support
themselves, I'd be downright giddy.

Nice card, by the way.  Around AU$50-70 which is appealing price wise.  And Yuan
are starting to build a big presence here in Australia too.

Thanks in advance,

-Dan

Appropriate output:

lspci:
00:0a.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)
00:0a.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)
00:0a.4 Multimedia controller: Conexant CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [IR Port] (rev 05)

lspci -vn:
00:0a.0 0400: 14f1:8800 (rev 05)
        Subsystem: 12ab:2300
        Memory at e2000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

00:0a.2 0480: 14f1:8802 (rev 05)
        Subsystem: 12ab:2300
        Memory at e3000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

00:0a.4 0480: 14f1:8804 (rev 05)
        Subsystem: 12ab:2300
        Memory at e4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2

Chips on board, and text on them:

Tuner side:
CONEXANT
BROADCAST DECODER