[linux-dvb] 2 identical cards, devicesnums sometimes exchanged OT?

bluez at thomae-privat.de bluez at thomae-privat.de
Tue Jun 20 19:44:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

Andreas wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> i encountered a silly problem with lirc (or linux-dvb). Im using 2 aver
> dvb-t 771 cards inside
> my pc. Sometimes (after restart), the device-number is exchanged with the
> number from
> other card - this put me into a small problem, cause im using just one
> remote receiver of
> just one card. Is there any way to prevent that? Ive not any clue, why
> sometimes my
> receiver is on /dev/event2 and sometimes on /dev/event3.
>
> Sorry for crossposting, i am not sure, where to place it correctly.
>
> Maybe its not lirc-related cause the event-device it swapped and this is job
> of the
> dvb-modules, or...?
>
> This all is more interesting than annoying.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Andreas

I solved this with udev, which can automatically create links to the
desired devices (in my case one USB and one PCI).

The rules I used are:

# make stable symlink for IR of Technotrend DVB card
KERNEL="event*", SYSFS{name}=="DVB on-card IR receiver",
NAME="input/%k", SYMLINK="input/ir_dvb_ttpci"

# make stable symlink for IR of Cinergy T2 USB DVB adapter
KERNEL="event*", SYSFS{name}=="TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T
Receiver remote control", NAME="input/%k", SYMLINK="input/ir_dvb_cint2usb"

Matthias