[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan Vision Plus & WinFast DTV1000-T

Matt Pratt mattpratt.au at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 09:58:49 CET 2006

On 2/27/06, Matt Pratt <mattpratt.au at gmail.com> wrote:

> Non-working case:
>
> bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 0000:02:0c.0, irq: 169, latency: 132, mmio:
> 0xf9000000
> bttv0: using:  *** UNKNOWN/GENERIC ***  [card=0,autodetected]
> bttv0: gpio: en=00000000, out=00000000 in=00fffffe [init]
>
> Which seems to indicate that the pci_read_config_word() of
> PCI_SUBSYSTEM_ID and PCI_SUBSYSTEM_VENDOR_ID is failing.
>
> Does this indicate larger PCI problems, like a conflict between the
> boards?
>
> Can some ACPI fiddling help here?

So even lspci -x was showing that the Subsystem Id and Subsustem Vendor Id
were being cleared to zeros in the PCI config space of this card. But only
when the two cards were in the machine. No amount of slot swapping seemed to
make a difference. Upgrade of motherboard firmware made no difference.
noacpi, lacpi, pci=routeirq, pci=noacpi made no difference. Went to the
effort of putting the cards into another machine. They just worked.
Eventually tried acpi=off (which I thought noacpi would have done the same
thing) and they both worked!

Thanks for your help Manu.

Matt