[linux-dvb] Chapman ??

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Thu Mar 9 00:44:30 CET 2006

Hi Nico

Nico Sabbi wrote:
>> I considered to multi thread dvbstream since a slow disk (or writing to
>> a NFS mounted disk) makes dvbstream loose several TS packets - I guess
>> they are simply not read in time from the dvb adapter.
> this looks like a major update

Not really. Just add SDL (just use the threads). Then all texttv data
is added to a linked list. A separate thread must then read the linked
list and write data (to disk). Delays in writing the texttv pages then
doesn't affect the original part (and task) of dvbstream - in theory.
I never tested it because I added the -ti and -tp flag and used another
process (actually another computer) to write the data to disk.

Do you have access to publish on dvbtools.sf.net ?
Or what do you do ?

Kind regards

Peter Maersk-Moller