[linux-dvb] DVB-S

Stuart Fox stuart at dontuse.ms
Mon Mar 13 17:52:29 CET 2006

> Stuart Fox wrote:
>> Hi
>> Quick question (hopefully), are there any well supported dvb-s cards
>> with
>> a CAM compatible with uk SKY? Basically I want the sky package but to
>> use
>> it with my myth setup.
>> Cheers
>> Stuart
> There are no legal NDS CAMs. If you do manage to find a CAM that is
> functional, any DVB-s card with a CI slot should now potentially work
> with Myth, since someone has recently committed support for the
> high-level CI used with the bt8xx based cards.
> Cheers,
> Allan.

Sorry forgive my ignorance but what is an NDS CAM?
I thought (I've never seen any I'm just assuming) that a CAM
was just a slot in the card where you inserted you SKY card?

capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?