[linux-dvb] Which tuner card is which?

Shanon Mulley shanonmulleyster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 05:18:27 CET 2006

I have two dvb tuner cards in my machine - an Avermedia 771, and a
Dvico dual tuner, giving me in effect 3 tuners.

When I go into my /dev/dvb directory, I can see the three tuners.

Now, I want to be able to identify them exactly - know which card is
adapter0, adapter1, adapter2. I have made some guesses, based on
messages I get from dmesg, but these seem to be wrong, from testing
where I pull the aerial out of a tuner card I'm supposedly not using,
and have the TV go dead.

So - just what do I look for to identify my adapters exactly?

Thanks.