[linux-dvb] Unrecognized Redbell DVB-T USB Stick (TDT-2GO)

Mikel Martin mikel.martin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 09:55:27 CET 2006

Hi all,

   I'm having the followig problem, when I plug my dvb-t usb receiver, it
isn't recognized by the dvb-kernel. Wahat I get with demesg is:

###
usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
###

    And nothing else. If i try an lsusb, the usb ID i get is 14aa:022a. So i
think this is the problem this ID doesn´t appear in the dvb-usb-ids.h file.

    As i've seen in the wiki that this device should use
dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw firmware i have tried the following change in
dvb-usb-ids.h, raplace:

#define USB_PID_WT220U_COLD     0x0222

by

#define USB_PID_WT220U_COLD     0x022a

    I recompile and now whe I plug the deice what i get is:

###
usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
dvb-usb: found a 'WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom)' in
cold state, will try to load a firmware
dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw'
###

   But again nothing else happens.

Cuold someone help me?

thanks