[linux-dvb] Technotrend S-1500

Marco Coli marco.coli at hi-cad.it
Mon Mar 20 15:58:56 CET 2006

Hello, I own a TT S-1500

In /etc/sysconfig/hwconf I have:
class: CAPTURE
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: budget
desc: "1131:7146"
vendorId: 1131
deviceId: 7146
subVendorId: 13c2
subDeviceId: 1003
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  2
pcidev:  a
pcifn:  0

With lspci -v I have:

02:0a.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
         Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH Technotrend-Budget /
Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S DVB card
         Memory at e4800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

So, the card is using the "budget" driver. This is strange, because the
card is a CI one, with module attached, but the module is ignored (I was
expecting the use of budget_ci module). I also have a lot of tuning
problems, but I am not yet sure if the problem is card-related or signal
related.
Is there a way to use the CI module, like on a Nova-S CI (the cards
looks identical)?

(On a nova-S CI I have those data:
class: CAPTURE
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: budget-ci
desc: "Philips Semiconductors SAA7146"
vendorId: 1131
deviceId: 7146
subVendorId: 13c2
subDeviceId: 100f
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  1
pcidev:  9
pcifn:  0

01:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
         Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH Technotrend-Budget /
Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-CI DVB card
         Memory at e7003000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

)
--
Saluti - Marco Coli