[linux-dvb] Kworld DVB-S 100 not setting up /dev/dvb

Garnet MacPhee garnet at signalpeak.net
Wed Mar 22 00:41:01 CET 2006

Todd wrote:
> I am having the same issue.  Was there a resolution to this?  I am running
> Linux Kernel 2.6.16.  The other interfaces are connect up (Video0/1 and VBI
> 0).

Yes, I answered in another thread, sorry.

I had built the kernel as a single unit, with "y" instead of "m" for all the options. But the DVB
part MUST be in modules, otherwise the /dev/dvb entries never get built.

CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88_DVB=m
CONFIG_DVB_CORE=m
CONFIG_DVB_CX24123=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_BUF_DVB=m

The lsmod command shows the following:
root at default:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
cx88_dvb                3884  -
video_buf_dvb           4268  -
dvb_core               65992  -
cx24123                 7788  -
root at default:~#

I hope that sometime soon this would be fixed so that these modules can again be part of the kernel.