[linux-dvb] freecom USB dvb-t -- new vendor/product ID 14aa:022a

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sun Mar 26 18:58:32 CEST 2006

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006, Mikel Martin wrote:

> I've exactly the same problem with a Rebdell DVB-t usb stick, it has the
> same vendor/productID.
>
> I´m new to linuxtv, so I can't help very much yet.
>
> What I have discovered so far is that this new devices use the ZL10353
> (http://products.zarlink.com/product_profiles/ZL10353.htm) instead of the
> MT352 chip for the COFDM demodulation.
>
> I see something is beeing done to support this new devices
> (http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/zl10353?cmd=changeset;node=17df2bee3336;
> style=gitweb) because i see zl10353.c a so on. I´ve downloaded this files
> and compiled them.
>
> Now I have the zl10353.ko but when I try to insmod ./zl10353.ko I get the
> following error:

Sorry, but it is not that easy to create support for a new - unknown -
device ;)

If this device is really compatible with the other (Wideview-based)
products, the programming of the demod is most likely hidden in the
firmware. Which makes it easier to get the device supported - but the way
is different.

To figure out, if this is correct or not, please try to capture some
usblogs with http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/ . And make them
public somewhere.

Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de