[linux-dvb] DViCO FusionHDTV 5 lite corrupt when PVR-350 is recording, concurrent recording with PVR-500- no problems

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 06:07:12 CEST 2006

> ivtv 0.4.x is meant for kernel 2.6.14 ...  This may have something to do
> with your problem, but I'm not sure.  ivtv 0.5.x is meant to be used
> with kernel 2.6.15, just as the newly released ivtv 0.6.x is meant to be
> used with kernel 2.6.16 ...
>
> The ivtv version numbers do not indicate stability, rather, they
> indicate kernel module dependency.
>
> There is an easy way to install the ivtv drivers using the v4l-dvb
> mercurial tree.  Using this method, you  will be able to build the
> latest ivtv drivers in the same build as the v4l and dvb drivers.
>
> First, remove the old ivtv modules.... I think you can find them in
> /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ivtv
>
> then:
>
> hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
> cd v4l-dvb
> make ivtv
> make
> make install
>
> I wonder if this will help

I will give this a try tomorrow, after the day's recordings are finished.
FYI,  I've been using Axel's ivtv rpms from atrpms.net since about 0.4.1? or
so.  I wasn't seeing any difference between that and building myself and
decided to take the easy route.  Recently there have been some issues with
getting the ivtv driver to play nice with dvb, due to some mismatches.
See:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/28632?search_string=0.4.3%20and%202.6.15.5;#28632
Any thoughts?  Thanks,

Mike