[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 auto detect problem- suggested code fix

James Lawrence james.lawrence at pobox.com
Wed Mar 29 15:24:55 CEST 2006

Mark, Hartmut,

With prompting from Mark I did a few tests. I have found that the
behavior is consistent:

After a cold boot (ie a power up) the PCI ID is read correctly as
185b:c900
After a warm boot (either a reboot command or pushing the reset
button), the PCI ID is read incorrectly as 1850:0000.

Both Mark and I have nForce3 based motherboards but then the
similarity stops.

Some time in the next few weeks I will see if I can muster up enough
time to put the card in another machine - an old Athlon XP with a
completely different motherboard - and see what happens.

Regards,
James.