[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 auto detect problem- suggested code fix

James Lawrence james.lawrence at pobox.com
Thu Mar 30 03:08:15 CEST 2006

Hi Hartmut,

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> Mark Callaghan wrote:
>
>> James, Hartmut,
>> I have also had "interesting" PCI ID behaviour from my Compro
>> VideoMate, on
>> FC4.
>>
>> I have seen the correct PCI ID in dmesg, but I usually get 1850:0000
>> (or was
>> it 185b:0000?). I can't remember the exact ID. I've been using a
>> modprobe.conf workaround to get the saa7134-dvb module loaded.
>>
>> My suspicion was that it was related to whether the machine was reset or
>> went through a power-down.
>>
> That makes sense! Can you please verify this?
> I suspect that the board allows to remap the address of the eeprom that
> defines the ID. This might be done i.e. with GPIOs of the SAA7134.
>
> <snip>

I can verify it - see my previous post. Tonight I'll post the full
report from dmesg under the two circumstances: after a power down and
after a non-powerdown reset.

Could the problem I have seen with the remote control be related? I was
wondering whether both problems were somehow related to buffering
problems in the i2c.

Regards,
James.