[linux-dvb] How to get program information

Marcel Siegert mws at linuxtv.org
Thu Mar 30 10:39:46 CEST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 10:15, Stefano Zanin wrote:
> Hello
hi,

>   I'm developing a dvb-t set top box. I'm new in this field. Someone
> could help me?
that's what this list is for partially :)
what is the dvb-t set top box based on?
pc? or is it a real one?

> Following the examples downloaded form the web-site I'm able to see the
> dvb-t transmissions.

> Now I would like to get some information about the transmitted programs
> i.e.: the name of the tv program and a brief description.
i would like you to read up in
a) iso 13818-1
b) ETSI 300468 (v 1.7.1)  Service Information in DVB Systems
c) TR 101211 (v1.4.1) Guidelines of Implementation and Usage of Service Information (SI)

b & c are available at www.etsi.org

> Have you idea if I must use some section filters to get this kind of
> informations? Or I get these informations in another way?
yes, you must filter the SDT. After receiption of section(s) parse them.

> Could you tell me if there are some docs that explain me how to solve
> this problem?

> Thanks a lot
> Stefano

regards
marcel

p.s.: are you going to develop also the software? or is it just to check the drivers?
       maybe you are able to provide us with some more info?