[linux-dvb] Re: missing compat.h for dvbdev.h

Michael Krufky mkrufky at m1k.net
Thu Mar 30 19:42:45 CEST 2006

Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just saw you commited that include of compat.h in:
> http://linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dvb-kernel/linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.h?rev=1.27&view=log
>
> My Haupauge Nova-S doesn't work with my kernel (2.6.13), so I tried to
> backport CVS Head for my kernel version, but it's missing compat.h. Have you
> forgotten to commit.h or is it supposed to be provided by the common kernel
> headers?
>
> CU
> Christian

Christian-

The CVS repository has not been updated in many, many months.  We have
moved all of our development to mercurial.

The compat.h is located in dvb-kernel/build-2.6 , but I highly recommend
that you do NOT use this old cvs repository.  We simply cannot support
it any longer since all development, including new features AND bug
fixes are applied towards the v4l-dvb mercurial tree instead.

Please follow the instructions located at:

http://linuxtv.org/repo

Backwards compatability should work for you in either tree, but CVS
isn't worth my time in troubleshooting.  If you still have a problem
compiling the mercurial tree, please let me know.

If you do in fact need to email me again about this, please cc: the
linux-dvb list (subscription required) .  Any question that you might
want to ask me, someone else out there may also be asking.  To ask such
questions on the list will result in the discussion being logged, so
that future users with the same questions can find their answers using
Google.