[linux-dvb] Re: Mantis VP-1027/VP-1033/VP-1034/VP-2033/VP-3033

Marko Ristola marko.ristola at kolumbus.fi
Wed Nov 1 21:41:18 CET 2006

joep admiraal wrote:
> I applied the mantis_cu1216-workable-up.diff patch from Marko.
> Now dvbscan does find some channels!
> Sadly it stops finding channels after some time.
> It then only gives filter timeout's.

Sounds familiar. You can try to scan more than once. I used scan binary.
I don't know about dvbscan. With the first scanning I got a short result.
On second try I got a lot better results.
I suspect that the scan program won't wait long enough
for the channel description information?

Using multiple frequencies within the scan parameter
file worked for me also. With two frequencies,
channels were found twice. So the one channel
approach seems to be the best one.

After I watched some TV channel with kaffeine or xine,
scanning gave those filter timeouts. Only a reboot helped.

> When I apply the dvb_net-compile-fix-up.diff patch I can't compile dvb_net.c.

What kernel version are you using (what distro)?
I used FC5 then. I use FC6 now.

Unfortunately Mantis alpha version compilation for FC6
seems to be broken on many places.
So I'm still on a compilation phase with FC6.