[linux-dvb] [av7110/budget/budget-ci/budget-av drivers] please test: drivers switched to I2C interrupt mode

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 22:06:37 CET 2006

> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Hartmut, I2C transfers of the saa7146 may now use interrupt
> mode. It will be enabled for av7110, budget, budget-ci and budget-av
> drivers. This might reduce cpu load and speed-up tuning.
>
> For testing the changesets are in my repositories:
> - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb
> - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb-av7110-refactoring
>
> The changesets are:
> - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb?cmd=changeset;node=5db1929d9501;style=gitweb
> - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb?cmd=changeset;node=3e346cd18d78;style=gitweb
> - http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb?cmd=changeset;node=55496629964b;style=gitweb
>
> Please test and report any problems if you run devices supported by the
> av7110, budget, budget-ci or budget-av drivers.

Tested with Technotrend S1500 budget_ci (with cam), no problems at all.

Compeltely unrelated but I use this patch:
http://koti.welho.com/jkukkone/vdr/v4l-dvb_tt-1500.patch otherwise
some of the buttons on my technotrend remote do not work, I believe
the patch breaks other remotes so I dont ever expect it to be merged,
but will there ever be a better solution to the problem of different
remotes?

Andy