[linux-dvb] Re: v4l_experimental/xc3028

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 11:59:43 CET 2006

Hi,

On 10/9/06, Sylvain Debray <sylvain.debray at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I am trying to build the xc3028 driver for an Avermedia M115
>
> I try the method in the readme file:
> "1. get the v4l-dvb repository from linuxtv and type make for generating
> all symlinks in v4l-dvb/v4l --> this work
> 2. copy tuner.h into v4l-dvb/linux/include/media/ in your v4l directory
> 3. simply replace following files in the repository
> * Makefile
> * em28xx-cards.c
> * em28xx.h
> * tuner-core.c
> * tuner-types.c
> * xc3028.c
> with the files in this directory and simply recompile (copy these files to
> v4l-dvb/v4l)"
>
> But this does not work. (find the make output on the xc_3028 file)

this has been outdated for several months now...

I extract the firmware from AverM115.sys and he found something (see
> firmware result in attached)

firmwareextraction isn't needed either anymore (this changed around 2-3
weeks ago)

The card:
> Product name: AVerMedia Hybrid H/W MPEG Card, M115 (DVBT/NTSC/PAL/SECAM)
> vendor/prduct id: 1461:a836
> it use saa7134, mt352, xc_3028.
> (if all the infos I found are correct)
>
> Any suggestions?

I already saw some patches that use the new xc3028 module and worked with
that device, I'll try to update my repository (
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/v4l-dvb-merge) with it during the next
few days.

cheers,
Markus