[linux-dvb] Question relating to media players (GXine in particular) and DVB-S channels

Mark Cianfaglione mcianfa at celestica.com
Tue Nov 7 15:45:07 CET 2006

Hello

I've got a DVB-S (satellite) card which I've properly installed in my
Linux box which I can tune to various channels using the dvbtune utility
and I've created a channels.conf file and placed it in the .xine
directory. When I use gxine however it reports that there is no lock. I
know that this does in fact lock but the scan utility uses the -l DBS
(local oscillator frequency DBS = 12500MHz)  and there does not seem to be
any way to set this crucial piece of info up in gxine from what I can
tell.

I know I'm missing something as I see many people using this as a viewer
but I 'm stumped...

Can someone please point me to the correct info?

Thanks

Mark