[linux-dvb] FlyDVB-T Hybrid - tuning and parameter drift?

Mark Edwards mark.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 11:46:54 CET 2006

Hi gentle DVB folk.

I have a flyvideo hybrid DVB card in my shiny new linux box.

It shows up thus in lspci...

05:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7133/SAA7135 Video
Broadcast Decoder (rev d0)
        Subsystem: Animation Technologies Inc.: Unknown device 3306
        Memory at f9100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
        Capabilities: <available only to root>

modules loaded are:

saa7134_dvb, dvb_pll, saa7134, tda1004x

I am experiencing what I can only describe as 'parameter drift' on the card.
I tune up the card nicely and watch TV for a while. Machine gets left on. By
the next day, the card is unable to achieve tuning lock. I unload and reload
the modules, and hey presto - we're working again.

This problem shows up when using DVB. I havn't tried FM radio or Analogue
TV.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

cheers,

Mark.