[linux-dvb] HD-3000 and nVidia conflict?

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 20:27:58 CET 2006

I've seen this problem reported around the internet a bit but I'm not sure
what the status is.

Basically, any activity from my GeForce 6200 causes my HD-3000 to loose
signal lock--resulting in a very corrupted mpegs.  This makes watching
livetv impossible as well as bad recordings if I'm using my pc while a
recording is going on (even for non-intensive tasks like browsing the
internet).

Is this a known issue?  If so, is it the fault of the GPU, pchdtv, or the
driver?  Any hope of a resolution?  As always I will be more than happy to
debug/supply more info if anyone feels motivated to solve this.

This does not occur with my GeForce 4200 when I plug that into the same
system.  The problem does not seem to be limited to the 6200, as I've seen
posts reporting similar problems with different NVidia models.

Cheers,
--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak: