[linux-dvb] Re: performance degradation? (dvb_usb_dtt200u)

José Oliver Segura primijos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 10:06:36 CET 2006

       Hi all,

       trying to confirm that it is not a problem related with the USB
stick (I guess it isn't since I've seen no messages in the list about
that point), I've tried to watch TV from Windows with the same usb
stick from Freecom... four hours [CSI Las Vegas, Miami and New York +
ads] of high quality TV without any pixelation or degradation :(

       Trying to do some tests under Linux, I haven't been able to
rmmod/insmod in order to prove wether "reinitialization" works: now
the module is always in use (showing the same big number: 4294967295,
that decreases by one each time I unplug the stick: 4294967294,
4294967293...). That count goes from 0 ant insert time to 4...13...
and after that (removal after video pixelation/freeze) it goes to
429496xxx...

       So now, wat do you think I can do in order to determine where
the problem is? The "big" problem is that, besides that strange large
number in the usage count of the module, and the:

       > dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
       > drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: timeout initializing reports

       messages in dmesg at stick insert time, no other error/waring
messages appear anywhere... Sorry for the inconvenience, but it would
be great to get this stick working, since it's the third I'm trying
(Zaapa, AVermedia Volar, and now Freecom), and I wouldn't like to go
back again to the store to return it and try with the last one that
remains there (a Hauppauge Stick). I think the guy of the store will
kill me :)

       thanks in advance. Best,
       Jose