[linux-dvb] Re: Uli m9206

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu Nov 16 16:46:42 CET 2006

Arian Sigari wrote:
> Hello,
> i followed the mailarchive through posts dealing with the m9206 chipset.
> A few days ago i bought a cheap dvb-t reciver, its a DigiVox Mini II
> from Msi. I opend it and saw that it contains an uli m9206 chip and an
> phillips tda 10046a. and another phillips chip. i tried to load your rep
> called megasky, but i was unable to compile due to errors in aci.*
> files. do you think there ist a chance to get my device working? or
> should i better return it to seller?
> regards
> arian sigari

There is a chance, but I will need for you to subscribe to the linux-dvb mailing
list in order to be able to help you with this.

Please subscribe BEFORE responding to this email (use reply-to-all).

The megasky tree will not yet work for your device, although you can help us to
add support for it.

I am helping to facilitate the development of this driver between a few other
developers of whom are also active on the mailing list.  It would be helpful if
you could provide a list of every chip inside this device.  Photos would also help,
in addition to output of "lsusb -vvv"

Most importantly, I need to know what the "other philips chip" is.  If I were to
guess, I would think it might be a tda8290 silicon tuner.

Let us know.

Cheers,

Mike Krufky
--