[linux-dvb] Microtune MT2060(F) on UMT-012

Markus Franke Markus.Franke at em.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Nov 17 14:01:16 CET 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm currently in the process of assembling a driver for the UMT-012 (aka
UMT-010 "new BDA version") on the basis of the megasky driver. The
UMT-012 contains an MT352 and a M9206 - these work; I have a firmware
for the device, but the tuner is not recognized. Now my questions:
-is the chip labeled MT2060F a Microtune MT2060 as Patrick once wrote?
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-January/007835.html
It has an imprinted A4 (part/revision?), but I do not see that value
when trying to read the id in mt2060_attach. btw: neither is there an id
0x63 as expected by the module...
-is there any way to probe the chip in an efficient manner? i2cdetect
always complains that bit/word access is not possible on the stick's I2C
bus...

Cheers,
Markus

--
Dipl.-Inform.Wirt Markus Franke
Informationsdienste und elektronische Märkte

Tel: +49-(0)721-608-8405
Fax: +49-(0)721-608-8403

markus.franke at em.uni-karlsruhe.de
http://www.em.uni-karlsruhe.de