[linux-dvb] Re: Uli m9206

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Sat Nov 18 02:13:05 CET 2006

Hi!

Am Donnerstag, den 16.11.2006, 23:45 +0100 schrieb hermann pitton:
> Am Donnerstag, den 16.11.2006, 16:24 -0500 schrieb Michael Krufky:
> > hermann pitton wrote:
> > > Hi!

> > > [snip]

> > > Mike, we found the TCL MFPE05 on several Hauppauge devices already and
> > > have it in tveeprom.c mapped to tuner=38. It has a tda9887.
> > >
> > > Likely this revision here is also supported this way.
> >
> > Oops, my bad.  Thank you, Hermann.
> >
> > Even still, Lucian did not answer my question.  Is that device marketed as
> > an analog video capture device?  ...or is it also supposed to have DVB
> > functionality?  Looks to me like no DVB functionality, but that's why I am
> > asking you.
>
> Yes, that could be exactly the next question ;)
>
> The known one has TCL MFPE05 2 on it, IIRC, and was analog only.
> The TCL site is undergoing some reconstruction currently, seems nothing
> useful in that direction at the moment.
>
> Would need to search within my stuff, but if it is mucked up to some
> hybrid device, there would be a third SAW filter within the IF tuner
> compartment and the missing rest of a FMD1216.
>
> Don't think so, but if in doubt Gunther has a picture of an opened FMD.

An FMD clone would not be enough, as you said, no channel decoder.

The prolink site is really incredible on this and suggests digital.
http://www.prolink.com.tw/english/products/multimedia/PlayTV_400USB.htm

As long as the 64pin U6 position underneath the tuner is not populated,
I'll take it for pure nonsense.

Cheers,
Hermann