[linux-dvb] Still no frontend on KNC1 DVB-C Card

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Sat Nov 18 14:20:00 CET 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 10:25, e9hack wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > If that doesn't work, it might be something else like the PCI bus setup
> > under linux; try moving it to a different slot just to make sure (you've
> > probably already tried that if you've had it for months I suppose).
>
> It isn't a problem of the slot or the PCI bus setup, because the i2c
> transfer of the saa7146 does work. The mac from the eeprom is readable.
>
> It exist two versions of the Terratec Cinergy, one with the
> CU1216/TDA10021 and another with the CU1216MK3/TDA10023. They have
> different subsystem ids. I'm not sure, if there exist two versions of
> the KNC1-DVB-C and if they have also different subsystem ids.

Ah that would certainly explain it... the Terratec cards are just rebadged
KNC1 cards (at least the older ones are). I assume the ones with the MK3 are
newer?

I dont think theres a new subsystem ID for the KNC1 cards, but thats not such
a problem.

Does anyone have the TDA10023 docs so it can be supported?

Sven - can you confirm the full string printed on the tincan on your card
please?