[linux-dvb] How does my card send diseqc commands ?

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Mon Nov 20 16:40:41 CET 2006

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 09:05:17PM +0000, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
>
> The cards looks the same as the other one, it works perfectly well on
> the first sat, the only problem is when I try to use diseqc with it...
>
> I don't know if there is way to test diseqc commands ???

You could check the signals (voltage, 22 kHz, DiSEqC) with an
oscilloscope. If there is a problem with the 22 kHz tone, DiSEqC does
not work. The 22 kHz tone is created by the LNBPxx chip (xx = 13, 16).

The LNBP chip might be damaged, or there is a problem with the power
supply of that chip. The large 330uF capacitor which lost its capacity
is a common problem with FF cards.

CU
Oliver