[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

Markus Rechberger mrechberger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 07:55:51 CET 2006

Michael, a tester for the driver you have ;-)

We have a driver for this, but not released yet.. I'm not sure how the
quality will be either

these em28xx devices should be around in US:

1. Hauppauge  -em2883 (NTSC(tvp5150)/ATSC(lgdt3303)/extra
usbaudio(ep 0x83))
2. Pinnacle  - em2883 (NTSC(tvp5150)/ATSC(lgdt3303)
3. elgato  -  em2883 (NTSC(tvp5150)/ATSC(Samsung)

cheers,
Markus

On 11/21/06, Erik Meitner <emeitner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Markus Rechberger wrote:
> > On 11/17/06, Erik Meitner <emeitner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have a Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick that I hoped would work with the
> >> current
> >> drivers. My initial investigation and work shows that, although it is
> >> not
> >> currently plug-n-play, it is similar enough to supported hardware
> >> that it
> >> may require little work.
> >>
> >> USB ID: 2304:0227.
> >> Device identifies itself as a "PCTV 800e".
> >> It appears to be based on an em2870.
> >> Has an MT2060 tuner.
> >> Output of lsusb is attached.
> >
> > Seems like I skipped this part in mind when I wrote the first 2 emails.
> >
> > Could you open your device and write down the ICs which are used?
> > The MT2060 is a tuner
> > the em2870 is a USB DTV Bridge (without analogue TV support)
> > The dtv demodulator is a ???
> >
> > I read that this is a Hybrid NTSC/ATSC stick ...
> > The Product Specs says fully compatible with NTSC, PAL, SECAM, DAVIC,
> > DVB-C, DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 ..
> >
> > The link you sent on the other side says it's a hybrid device.
> >
> > Please clear this up what it is for real.
> >
> > Markus
> >
> The USB stick consists of two boards: one with the USB and A/V
> connectors, the other with the RF connector. The two boards are
> joined(soldered) together with two 7 pin headers, one on each side of
> the board. I am unwilling to unsolder the pins and risk damaging the
> device, so whatever is inside the "sandwich" is still unknown.
>
> Chips visible:
>     Frontend: lgdt3303
>     Tuner: xc3028ACQ
>     There is also a CPLD: lc4032v
>
> First, I'll be putting collected information here:
> http://erik.wanderings.us/pub/PCTVHDPro/
>
> Currently I have some usbsnoop logs, devices images, lsusb output, and
> the inf file.

Markus Rechberger