[linux-dvb] help needed to tune with TT S1500

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Fri Nov 24 01:41:22 CET 2006

	Hi all,
I cant tune on intelsat 801 (31.5W) with my S1500. I know the dish
worked 2 months ago as the preceding people used a STB without any
problems.
I made an initial transponders file using lyngsat and I get weird
tuning problems: using either kaffeine or scan I get a few transponders
with almost 100% signal strength but still the tuning fails (but it
might just be that there is nothing on those), and the other
transponders where there is a bouquet (CanalSat Caraibes) I get low
signal strength around 30% and no tuning with tuning status of 0x03
(which means it gets the carrier signal if I understand correctly).
So how can this be? I would have thought that every transponder would
have roughly the same signal strength! Is it possible that something is
wrong in the way frequencies qre "programmed".
For info I use Ubuntu Edgy dvb modules so is it possible that a fix
went in recently that Ubuntu did not pick up?
How could I diagnose the problem further?
BTW what modules do I need for the "tuning part"?
Well any help is greatly appreciated here,
Thx
Manu
PS: transponders file attached