[linux-dvb] CI Module w/ Terratec DVB-C

Matthias Dahl mldvb at mortal-soul.de
Fri Nov 24 16:28:54 CET 2006

On Friday 24 November 2006 15:43, Sven Lankes wrote:

> 1. Gesteckte Smartkarte wird nicht unterstützt !

Just read this msg (not the whole thread). Just in case your cable provider is
Kabel Deutschland, you most likely got one of the newer smartcards which are
not yet supported by any available CAM module. Take a look at your smartcard,
if there is anything like K02/03 or K09 on it, you are in trouble. :( K02 is
just fine.

So just in case you ended up with the wrong smartcard: you could try to get KD
to swap it for a K02 one. As far as I know, only customers with an aging dbox
or anything like it, get K02 ones. The hotline agent will ask you for the
receiver serial number... that's how they verify what box you have and what
smartcard you get. No serial number, no smartcard.

I believe to remember that Mascom has announced they are working on supporting
the newer cards with their AlphaCrypt CAMs.

Hope I could help.

Have a nice weekend,
matthew.